Thursday, July 11, 2013

Grow Me Up Like You Desire

At about the same time, the disciples came to Jesus asking, “Who gets the highest rank in God’s kingdom?”For an answer Jesus called over a child, whom he stood in the middle of the room, and said, “I’m telling you, once and for all, that unless you return to square one and start over like children, you’re not even going to get a look at the kingdom, let alone get in. Whoever becomes simple and elemental again, like this child, will rank high in God’s kingdom. -Matthew 18:1-5 MSG

Today I tapped into my inner child. :)

The child-like heart came to surface and, boy, was it refreshing!!

It's a natural part of my relationship with my heavenly Father, isn't it?

To become like a child is a desire he has for me, his daughter! Well what do ya know?! ;)

Today I saw that when I lay aside my [analytical adult-like, take matters and life and circumstances into my own hands and my own power, try to figure out what God is doing all the time-] attitude aside, I make room for trusting and obeying and playing and living and being. Taking off my "director hat" and just jumping into the scene is good for me...it's  RIGHT. I don't belong trying to direct my own story. I belong following and  chasing and listening to my author and allowing Him space to correct, change, and adjust me to his desires for my life. And ya know, I noticed- when I ease up a bit and let go of the reigns, I see this happening more so.

Today I went on a bike ride. I haven't done so in at least a decade. And wow... it brought me back.

Father, may I come to you like a child who doesn't try to parent herself but, instead, receives her Daddy's love and care.

Growing up not old,

Grace


No comments:

Post a Comment